Businesses across Vermont are experiencing significant damage as a result of the recent historic flooding.
State organizations have assembled some very useful resources for Vermont businesses as they navigate the consequences of damage. Following is a list of some of the best resources that we have come across to assist Vermont businesses.
VBSR’s Flood Recovery Guide for Businesses which includes:
- Tips for returning to buildings and vehicles after flooding
- Resources for supporting people in need with food, shelter & services
- Assessing the damage to your business
- Opportunities to benefit from financial and volunteer assistance
- How to stay informed as new information and resources become available
- Ways to donate your time and money in support of affected businesses
Vermont Chamber of Commerce: What you can do now:
- Document the damage to your business and inventory via photos and videos when it is safe to do so.
- Make a list of damaged or lost items and, if possible, include the date of purchase, value, and receipts.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim or understand what losses may be covered
Vermont Small Business Development Center: Disaster Recovery Guide for Businesses