Generally, businesses need to apply for an EIN when their ownership or structure has changed or when the business is first formed.  The EIN, also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, identifies the business entity for tax purposes.  In addition to filing a paper Form SS-4, you can also apply online through a free service offered by the Internal Revenue Service.  To learn more and apply for an EIN, please visit the following IRS link:

Davis and Hodgdon Associates CPAs offers services for both new businesses and businesses that may be in the process of changing their structure.  Please contact us with any questions to see how we can help you or visit us at our website –!

Similar Posts