Important: Vermont Has New Rules for 1099 Filing

The Vermont Department of Taxes has announced a new rule in the reporting of 1099-MISC forms to the State for the 2018 filing year.

In the past, the only 1099’s that needed to be filed were to those recipients who had State of VT taxes withheld or to recipients who were non-residents of VT that did work in Vermont. Now, the State is requiring that ALL 1099-MISC forms be reported to the State through their MyVTax website. If a payer does not have a withholding (WHT) number, they will be allowed to file the forms through the website with their Federal tax ID number instead.

For more information you can contact the Vermont Department of Taxes at

Davis & Hodgdon Associates CPAs has been assisting Vermont individuals and business owners with tax consulting and retirement planning for more than 25 years. Call our office in Williston 802.878.1963 or Rutland 802. 775-7132 to schedule a tax planning strategy session today.

Similar Posts