The Internal Revenue Service said a series of forms will be disabled until mid- to late February with error codes. The following forms cannot be electronically filed at this time, according to the IRS:
- Schedule A, Itemized Deductions
- Form 3800, General Business Credit
- Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts
- Form 5405, First-Time Homebuyer Credit and Repayment of the Credit (Page 2)
- Form 6478, Alcohol and Cellulosic Biofuel Fuels Credit
- Form 8834, Qualified Plug-in Electric and Electric Vehicle Credit
- Form 8859, District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit
- Form 8910, Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit
- Form 8917, Tuition and Fees Deduction
- Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit
In addition, Error Reject Code 0014 does not allow entries for educator expenses (Form 1040, line 23 and Form 1040A, line 16) or tuition and fees (Form 1040, line 34 and Form 1040A, line 19). In mid- to late February, the record layout for Form 1040 and Form 1040A will be updated to allow entries for educator expenses (SEQ 0623) and tuition and fees deduction (SEQ 0705), according to the IRS.
The IRS also noted that the due date for any tax return or extension originally due on January 15th has been extended to Tuesday, January 18th due to the 15th falling on a Saturday and the Martin Luther King Day holiday on Monday.