If you have a tax due on your 2011 tax return, there are several options that the IRS accepts for payments.

  • First, you can pay using a debit or credit card. These payments can be made by phone, internet, or when e-filing. The benefit is that it is fast and secure, however, there is a fee charged through service providers.
  • The second option is to use an electronic funds transfer. EFTPS is a free service offered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. To enroll, you can visit the secure government website at: www.eftps.gov/eftps/.
  • The third option is to pay by check or money order. All checks should be made payable to the U.S. Treasury, and be mailed to the address listed on the 1040 instructions.

Similar Posts