With all of the QuickBooks Online subscription levels it can be difficult to know which one is right for your business. Perhaps you started out at one subscription level but as your business has grown you are finding that the features of that plan no longer fit your business’ needs. The goal of this blog post is to help you make the right choice so you can balance having the features you need while not paying for those that you don’t.
Here are some highlights of the key features available at each level:
- Create a Chart of Accounts, manage income and expenses, and run reports to see how your business is doing at any given time.
- Take photos of receipts from your phone and automatically record expenses.
- Create invoices and receive payments from your customers.
- Link your bank and credit card accounts to keep your accounts up to date and make monthly reconciliations a breeze.
- Enable mileage tracking on your phone and easily record which trips are business vs. personal.
- Receive access to your account for one user from your business as well as separate access for your accountant.
- All features of Simple Start.
- Keep track of billable time by client to add to invoices, or give employees access to add their time for this purpose.
- Create recurring transactions to save time and reduce data entry errors.
- Enable access for up to 3 users from your business, as well as separate access for your accountant. Employees can be added for time-tracking only, so they do not count within your user limit.
- All features of Essentials.
- Keep track of product inventory.
- Track classes and locations, allowing you to track income and expenses across different segments of your business or in different states. Class tracking is a great tool for non-profits. Our RAD has expertise helping clients determine which classes to track and how to use them effectively.
- Create budgets and run enhanced reports to compare budget to actual.
- Enable 5 users, not including your accountant.
- All features of Plus.
- Unlimited number of classes, locations, and Chart of Account accounts.
- Enhanced data backup.
- Enable up to 25 users, not including your accountant.
There is a lot to consider as you plan to choose which level is right for YOUR business or nonprofit. Our RAD team can provide additional information to help you make a personalized decision, as well as help you set up third party app integrations to get even more out of your QuickBooks account. We can also save you valuable time by making sure your accounts stay up to date and accurate through monthly bookkeeping services.
Written by Genevieve Smyth, Bookkeeper, QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisor, Bill.com Certified Advisor