Tax Season Intern
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Tax Season Intern functions in a support role to assist the professional staff by providing support for accounting staff and operations staff in the organization and basic tax return preparation services for clients. Interns may also be asked to prepare work papers and input investment data entry for complex tax engagements at the request of the Tax Manager or accounting staff members.
Interns are expected to:
1. Perform services in support of the professional staff including entering tax return data and income, expense and investment information for individual and business clients.
2. Preform triage functions for individual and Schedule C tax returns, under the direction of the Tax Manager and Assistant Client Relations Associate.
3. Communicate and educate individual clients about information that we may be missing and why it is needed to process their tax returns on a timely basis.
4. Responsible for the performance of basic accounting tasks for clients utilizing QuickBooks.
5. Develop and understanding of the business and the Intern’s role.
6. Effectively document work, identifies task issues as well as task progress in a timely and organized manner.
7. Ad hoc duties has assigned by the Firm Administrator, Tax Manager or a staff member as delegated.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. The firm’s management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Davis & Hodgdon Associates CPAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.