5 Tips to Simplify Tax Time
Davis & Hodgdon Associates is excited to begin using TaxCaddy this tax season and simplify life for our clients!
April 15 always seems to sneak up, and surely this year will be no different. Unfortunately, while there is no escaping the tax deadline, this year will be the easiest tax season ever! Here are 5 tips for you to use to help streamline the tax return process and minimize stress this year.
1. Review and complete the tax organizer. The organizer provides you with prior year information and helps your tax professional gather valuable information about you that may impact your tax return.
2. Provide electronic documents whenever possible. The electronic tax documents obtained directly from your banks and brokerages are high quality and easy to read, which minimizes errors.
3. Respond to communication from your tax professional as quickly as possible. Often our questions just require a short answer to finalize the preparation of your tax return.
4. Review your prepared tax return as soon as it is available so that any necessary corrections can be made well before the April 15 filing deadline. If no corrections are needed, sign the e-file authorization to complete the process.
The four tips outlined above are suggestions we have made for years. They help streamline the process for you and your tax professional. With your help, we can focus on maximizing valuable tax deductions. The fifth tip is new this year, and it makes the first four tips a breeze.
5. Sign up for your free TaxCaddy account.
TaxCaddy makes it easier than ever to gather your 1040 tax documents and deliver them to us, communicate with us, answer your questionnaire electronically, and sign documents like the e-file authorization. We’re excited about this powerful, free solution and we think you will be, too.
Soon you’ll receive an email inviting you to create your TaxCaddy account. Once you receive the invitation there are three easy steps to get started.
Be on the lookout for the TaxCaddy invitation email. In the meantime, if you would like to learn more about TaxCaddy visit their website below.
Learn more at: https://taxcaddy.com/ (Note: Don’t use the “Sign Up Free” option on the TaxCaddy website. You’ll use a link we’ll include in our upcoming invitation).
Davis & Hodgdon Associates CPAs has been assisting individuals and businesses throughout Vermont and New England for more than 30 years so please reach out to us in Williston 802-536-1831) or Rutland (802.775.7132) to talk with a tax professional today to be sure you are ready for the April 15 tax deadline! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.